Promotions and positions gained for this month.
Successful agency pitches for this month.
The fat cat gets the cream again
I have received some sad news. Something bright and beautiful died last week. Or maybe to be more accurate has succumbed to a disease which has killed many in our industry. I am talking about the absorption of BBH into Publicis. While the global giant Publicis had held a large stake, BBH was…
When I order prints, etc, from iPhoto I have to check a box that says, “Send to myself” – no, people, that should be “Send to me”. Substituting “myself” for… (Contributed by Adrianne LeMan)
Publicis takes over 100% of BBH
Publicis Groupe has held a 49% in Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH) for many years. It has now acquired the other 51% held by…
What do think of the State of Marketing 2012?
AdAsia’s partner, the CMO Council (Chief Marketing Officer), wants to know how you assess global marketing vitality and direction. AdAsia subscribers are invited to share with the CMO Council your experiences and predictions. You can join the 350 advisory board members worldwide in completing the 42-point survey. This audit is lengthy and wise-ranging but it […]
Opera singing the mobile song
Opera Software published its first ‘State of Mobile Advertising’ report on 19th July. This mobile ad platform has gleaned a lot of information from its global network of more than 35 billion ad impressions.
After the Yellow Pencil, the Black Pencil, comes the White Pencil
You might feel good to be awarded a coveted D&AD Yellow Pencil. You might feel even better, should you gain a Black Pencil. But you may make other people feel better if you win a White Pencil.
Inter-regional connectivity: A less US-centric web
The growth of inter-regional connectivity means bringing content closer to consumers, not only in its consumption but, excitingly, in its creation. Today, more than ever, global connectivity is allowing a new generation… (Contributed by John Hayduk, President, Product Management and Service Development, Tata Communications)
Nouns and verbs
One of the (many) things that irritates me is nouns used as verbs. The Daily Telegraph recently ran a piece about postal deliveries: “TNT Post…is to trial delivering on the streets of West London…”. (Contributed by Adrianne LeMan)