Publicis Groupe has held a 49% in Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH) for many years. It has now acquired the other 51% held by founders Nigel Bogle, Sir John Hegarty and their partners which gives them 100% shareholding. The agency was founded in London in 1982 and has produced many highly acclaimed campaigns such as ‘Vorsprung durch Technik’ for Audi, ‘The Axe Effect’ for Axe and ‘Keep Walking’ for Johnnie Walker. This year, BBH won 21 Cannes Lions. While this has no doubt made the founders very rich men, (and they do deserve a comfortable retirement) but it is rather sad to see another independent ad agency swallowed up.

Find this content useful? Share it with your friends!