AdAsia will be reporting over the next few days from Olympia Exhibition Centre in London where the judging is being finalised for the coveted D&AD awards. We will be conducting our VIP interviews with the judges.
Already, the entries for ‘Writing for Design’ category have been viewed and only one has been awarded a nomination for the highly prized Yellow Pencil. This was Pentagram Design’s ‘Holiday Card’. However, four more reached In-Book status. These were:
(1) Venture Three for Little Chef
(2) byvariousartists.com by Various Artists
(3) Interbrand Sydney’s work for Steve Bland’s The Great Blandini
(4) Here Design for William Grant & Sons’ ‘Brand Ambassador Handbook’
With the Mobile Marketing Forum about to start in Singapore on next Mon 23rd April, it is a good time to see the excellent work entered for the ‘Mobile Marketing’ category. There were six Nominations from the increased number of entries. They were:
(1) JWT Melbourne for Melbourne Writers Festival’s Wi-Fiction (which picked up two Nominations)
(2) Ogilvy Cape Town for Carling Black Label Cup
(3) AKQA London for Heineken Star Player
(4) Society 46 Sweden for The Sound of Football for PepsiCo/Carlsberg
(5) AMV BBDO for The Nightjar for Wrigley’s 5 Gum
The results will be announced this coming Thursday. For the winners, this will feel even more special as this is the 50th anniversary of D&AD. Watch the VIP interview with Tim Lindsay, CEO of this not for profit association to find out their plans.