To enhance the experience for visitors and exhibitors, Space Arena, the organiser of Visual Expo Asia has partnered with Xhoppe, a Singapore IT startup, to develop the official mobile app for the inaugural premier visual communications show in Asia. The Visual Asia Expo App (“VAX App”) uses visual recognition technology to deliver an optimized and interactive user experience for this exhibition in Asia.
“See it, Scan it, Experience it” will allow visitors to the trade show to scan actual images from the various exhibits and showcases, to unlock additional details such as exhibitor bio data, videos and additional information.
Bringing Marketing ROI and Analytics to Exhibitors
“For show visitors and exhibitors alike, the VAX App offers simplicity and convenience. This application of image recognition technology delivers helpful and relevant content to visitors while at the same time brings marketing ROI and analytics to exhibitors,” said Darren Cheng, Xhoppe’s co-founder.
“Visual Asia Expo is about ‘Transforming Ideas Into Creative Expressions’,” adds Thomas, the show organiser and director, we’re not only creating a visually compelling and engaging experience for visitors, we’re creating business benefits for our exhibitors. I believe, together with Xhoppe, we’re setting a new benchmark for trade show experience in Asia.”
Consumers who download the VAX App will have the opportunity to engage with the added virtual content from the various exhibits at the Expo. With the app, visitors simply point their device at any exhibits featuring the Xhoppe logo and tap the screen to see the enhanced information. Talks are ongoing with a few exhibitors to enable visitors to scan and purchase select “Singapore Good Design Mark” exhibits with a generous discount on their award winning products.
How the VAX App works
Visual Asia Expo 2015 is supported by Singapore Tourism Board (STB), Design Business Chamber Singapore, Association of Accredited Advertising Agents Singapore (4AS), Professional Photographers Association (Singapore) (PPAS), the Design Alliance Asia (tDA Asia), Print & Media Association, Singapore (PMAS), and Digital Signage Multimedia Alliance Taiwan (DSMA).
The “Visual Asia Expo” app is developed by Xhoppe Pte Ltd, a Singapore IT startup. Xhoppe’s vision is to replace the ubiquitous and ugly quick response (QR) codes with fast and accurate image recognition technology that allows consumers to purchase products simply by taking a picture at the “Point of Interest” where they are most likely act on impulse.
About Visual Asia Expo 2015
Positioned as “Asia’s definitive trade show for visual communication industry”, Visual Asia Expo is a professional trade show in Asia, spotlighting the best and complete variety of visual communication offerings now and in the future:
• 5th-7th November 2015, 10:30am to 6:30pm daily.
• Held at Halls 401-403, Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre – located at the heart of a self-contained, integrated events infrastructure that is only 20 minutes from Changi International airport.
• Comprising three-day trade exhibition, two-day expert forum, design showcase, institutional showcase and SG50 Photo Wall.
• Offering a full spectrum of visual communication solutions from visual design to digital signages, visual effects and display technologies, imaging, lighting, printing and production in the highly energised, cross-industrial Asian marketplace today.
• Featuring the latest developments and trends in the field of visual communication.
• Providing effective orientation and insights into Asia, a market characterised by diversity in culture, needs and business models.
• Appealing to thousands of professional visitors and qualified buyers, with more than 30% from overseas – from retail to hospitality, banking, transportation, sports, entertainment, government agencies, and property development industries.